Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vinyl Word Wall Art

I had the joy of having my sister and 2 nieces come to visit me this last week. We had a blast, but since they live so far away (Nebraska), I wanted to do a special craft to have a memento to keep and represent this time in our lives. I decided I wanted some wall art that I would actually want to showcase, but would  not be a coloring book page (if you know what I mean). So I came up with this Vinyl Word Wall Art. This is a perfect craft for babies to children of all ages!


Items Needed:

  • Canvas
  • Vinyl Words or Image
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Paint brushes or sponges

First, you will put your vinyl letters on the canvas. Then I set up the girls with two colors so there would be a mix for depth. I let them go ahead and paint it however they wanted with designs or circles or just swirling it however they want. Then you will let it dry, and peel off the vinyl letters to have a beautiful masterpiece and the girls had fun doing it too! I had them sign the back or each and put the date. I now have a memory and art to forever remember their vacation to visit Seattle. 

 Stella (left) Age 7, Riley (right) Age 3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I may actually try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi… that was great stuff.. I really like this subject. Could you tell me more… I would love to explore.
    ______________________________________
    Vinyl Wall Lettering

    ReplyDelete