Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter at Deception Pass

As a Christian, Easter is the most important holiday to me! More than Valentine's Day, my Birthday, and even Christmas! This is the day that I remember the ultimate sacrifice of God, His Son Jesus. We started out the day by attending Canyon Creek Church and heard an amazing message from our Pastor Brandon Beals who answered the question, "Is the Resurrection Real?" If you have ever asked this question (I think we all have) you need to go listen to this sermon. You can do that here!

Damian and I then decided to go celebrate by enjoying what God has created at Deception Pass. If you are into history you will be interested to know that  Deception Pass was founded by a group of sailors led by Joseph Whidbe, part of the Vancouver Expedition, on June 7th 1972. They named it Deception Pass because it had misled them into thinking Whidbey Island was an island. It is absolutely gorgeous and I wanted to share with you some moments I was able to capture. I am so thankful for the life I have been given and the freedom to experience the beauty of what God has created. God loves each one of you and wants to experience a relationship with you. Easter is not about bunnies, eggs, or even food and gatherings. It is about True Love that laid down his life to reconcile the sin that lives within each one of us.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... 1 Peter 1:3



No comments:

Post a Comment